In The Zone
We have a winner!! The new Zone 6 Logo. Hope you like it. Thank you to all that entered.
Happy New Year to all of Zone 6. The New Year brings lots of great Porsche friends, fun and adventure our way. Make sure you stay involved and are not missing out. The best way to stay involved is to be involved with you club: volunteer. “Adventure” you ask, have you looked at the Zone 6 Grand Tour? Starts in Tacoma, WA, July 25 and ends in Portland, OR, Aug 8, two weeks later after a clockwise route that drives in all 16 regions!
To our outgoing Board members throughout the Zone, Thank you! Your hard work and commitment to your club is very much appreciated and helps make PCA the great club it is. New Board members, you have some big shoes to fill! I look forward to meeting you during the upcoming year. Don’t forget to say “Thank you” to your Board members, it is a volunteer job that they do for you!
For the Club Racers in our Zone, here are the events for this year West Coast Series:
- Mar 28/29 -- Golden Gate Region -- Thunderhill Raceway
- Apr 10/12 -- Zone 8 -- Auto Club Speedway
- May 16/17 -- Golden Gate Region -- Buttonwillow Raceway
- Jun 5/7 -- Golden Gate Region -- Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway
- Aug 15/16 -- Rocky Mountain Region -- High Plains Raceway
- Sep 5/6 -- Golden Gate Region -- Thunderhill Raceway
- Sep 19/20 -- Intermountain Region -- Miller Motorsports Park
- Sep 26/27 -- San Diego Region -- Willow Springs Raceway
- Nov 14/15 -- San Diego Region -- Buttonwillow Raceway
Do you ever wonder how many primary members we have in Zone 6? I’ve attached part of a spreadsheet that shows some Zone 6 stats and the bottom line is all PCA. Our Zone 6 is the 6th largest region out of 13 total regions.
|Total Member||# Regions Gaining Members||# Gained||# Regions Losing Members||# Lost||Net||% Net Change|
For those Regions that have “driving seasons”, hold on, winter will pass. I keep reminding myself of this as I stand in the garage and dream of roads not yet traveled.
Don’t forget: it really is about the people.